Thursday, February 25, 2016

Is this thing on????

Welcome to my blog! My name is Shauna.

A little about me:



 I'm a 25 year old bookseller in a little-big city in the South.  I work at two different bookstores in my city, both in the used book and indie book scenes, which offers me a unique viewpoint in the book industry. About a year ago, I started a book blog on tumblr, which introduced me to an amazing community of bloggers.  My blog gained a good bit of popularity, but I felt my original posts were sometimes lost in the dashboard format of tumblr. I wanted a home for my reviews, photos, and booktube videos that weren't hidden in with reblogged posts, and thus this blog was born. 

I'm super into fantasy, comic books,  young adult, magical realism, and fairy tale re-tellings, and I balk at contemporary stories, heavy romance, and historical fiction.  Some of my favorite authors are Patrick Rothfuss, Ursula K. Le Guin, Margaret Atwood, Naomi Novik, Brandon Sanderson, Haruki Murakami, Neil Gaiman, and V. E Schwab.  If you want me to read and review your book, you can contact me at b00kstorebabereviews@yahoo.com.

I have a fat cat named Clementine, about 8 tattoos, and my hair is almost constantly changing.  I am literally always surrounded by books, whether at work or at home.  Here's a quick shelfie!  I am hipster trash when it comes to music and I'll read/watch anything that has to do with witches.


Ok so I'm really bad at intro posts and I feel like I'm probably boring the pants off of you, but I'm a pretty cool lady and I really love books, so if you love books too, you should check this blog on the regular! 



1 comment:

  1. Just started reading this, gonna power through your blog, because you are a classy lady and I am always a fan of classy people doing cool things.

    ReplyDelete